Creamy potato & kale soup
- Quantities really depend on how much you want to make, but the basic ingredients are:
- -Water (for boiling potatoes)
- -Enough stock or water to reach desired consistency
- -Savoury herbs such as oregano and a bay leaf
- -Salt and pepper
<p>This is a very simple soup. You can prepare it using the same steps you do any other soup. The only real "secret" to its deliciousness is to boil the potatoes first, then add everything else to the starchy potato water instead of draining the potatoes first. This gives the soup a thick, starchy, almost cheesy quality that is amazing.</p>
<p>I also cook the onions and garlic BEFOREHAND, then add it to the potatoes with everything else.</p>
<p>So here are the steps:</p>
<p>1) Cook onion and garlic briefly until soft. Set aside.
2) Boil potatoes until soft
3) Using a standing or immersion blender (I used an immersion), blend the potatoes until mostly creamy (nothin' wrong with a few chunks here and there. besides, you'll be blending it again).
4) Add bay leaf and any other seasonings, including salt and pepper. Also add stock or water if desired, to reach the consistency you like.
5) Reduce heat to a simmer and chop your kale.
6) Add your kale, blend one more, and serve! :D</p>