Homemade Baked Egg Rolls
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Put your cole slaw in a large microwave-safe bowl, cover, and microwave 3-6 minutes.
2. Chop your mushrooms and put them in a mixing bowl. This is also when youâ€™d put in the bean sprouts, shrimp, or other fillings.
3. Splash in some soy sauce.
4. Add the garlic. I used a HEAPING teaspoon but I like garlic.
5. And sprinkle in the ginger.
6. By now your cole slaw mix should be cooked. Drain it to get out any excess liquid as no one likes a soggy egg roll.
7. Then combine the cole slaw mix with the rest of the ingredients.
8. Place a bit of filling in the center of each wrapper. (See that little bowl? That has water in it, which youâ€™ll need for sealing the edges.)
9.Fold in two of the corners.
10. Put a bit of water on the top edges with your finger. Fold up the bottom, and roll as tightly as you can to the edge.
11. It helps if you sort of tuck it as you are rolling.
13. Repeat for the rest of the wrappers, and place the egg rolls on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick spray or olive oil (mmmâ€¦ olive oil). Spray the tops of the egg rolls with the oil, too.
14. Bake 15 minutes, then flip the egg rolls over and bake an additional 10-15 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving (this will let the wrappers get a little more crisp too).
15. Serve with soy sauce mixed with rice vinegar for dipping, or your favorite dipping sauce (spicy mustard? duck sauce?).
Recipe is courtesy of: http://www.joyfulabode.com/2009/07/05/homemade-baked-egg-rolls/