A healthy treat!
- 3/4 cup mashed very ripe bananas (about 2)
- 3/4 cup nonfat greek plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 21/2 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 generous cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted (optional)
<p>Place an oven rack in the center of the oven, then preheat the oven to 425°F. Lightly spray a 12- cup muffin tin with olive oil or line with paper liners.
In a large bowl, place the bananas, yogurt, honey, olive oil, and vanilla. Stir together until well mixed.
In a separate bowl, sift together the fl our, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture and stir until just combined. Fold in the blueberries and the nuts, if using.
Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin. Place the tin in the oven and reduce the heat to 400°F. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Let cool in the tin for 10 to 15 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Serve warm.
For longer storage, let cool completely and store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.</p>