Lasagna in a Crock Pot
- 1 Large onion, chopped
- 1 lb. Lean ground beef (optional)
- 1 jar Ragu tomato pasta sauce (26 to 28-oz)
- 1 can Tomato sauce (8-oz)
- 1/2 pkg. (9-oz) (about 8) no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 jar Alfredo pasta sauce (1-lb.) (the only one my family likes in this is the one made by Classico)
- 12 to 16-oz Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 c Grated Parmesan cheese
<p>Brown ground beef and onion in a large skillet over medium heat until throughly cooked, stirring frequently. (If using Morningstar Ground, cook onions in 1 tablespoon olive oil until well cooked and then stir in Morningstar Ground until it is thawed out.)
Spray (or oil) crockpot with nonstick cooking spray. Spread 3/4 cup of the tomato pasta sauce in bottom of crockpot. Stir remaining tomato pasta sauce and tomato sauce into the ground beef.
Layer 3 lasagna noodles over sauce in slow cooker, breaking noodles as necessary. Top with 1/3 of the Alfredo sauce, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Top with 1/3 of the ground beef mixture, spreading evenly.
Repeat layering twice, using 2 lasagna noodles in last layer. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top.
Cover: cook on Low setting for 3 1/2 hours. Turn off and let sit for at least 15 minutes. 8 servings.</p>
Recipe is courtesy of: Mandymarie via Heather Lowrie