Broccoli Cheese Calzones
- 1 container (15 oz.) light Ricotta cheese
- 1 pkg (10 oz.) frozen broccoli, thawed and chopped (250 g)
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese, grated (75 ml)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves (5 ml)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder (1 ml)
- 1 pkg pizza dough, at room temperature
- 1 cups pizza sauce (375 ml)
- Mix all ingredients together except pizza dough and pizza sauce.
- Divide dough into 6 equal parts. Roll each part into 7″ circle on lightly floured surface with floured rolling pin. Spread 1 tablespoon (15 ml) pizza sauce over each circle to within 1 inch from edge. Top half of each dough circle with cheese mixture to within 1 inch of edge. Carefully fold dough over filling; pinch edge or press with fork to seal securely.
- Place 1 calzone on Flavorwave optional Browning Tray. Bake at 400°F on top shelf 10 minutes, then turn over and cook 10 minutes more or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes before serving. Repeat with remaining calzones.
- While calzones are cooling, heat remaining pizza sauce in small saucepan over medium heat for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until heated through. Spoon warm sauce over calzones.
Oven Temperature: 400°F
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Inactive Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Recipe is courtesy of: http://www.flavorwavecooking.com/broccoli-cheese-calzones/