- 5 whole wheat buns
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 2 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 48 small frozen meatballs, defrosted
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (28 ounce) jar 3 cheese Prego sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly mist a 9 × 13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray. Toast or Broil/bake the buns to get them toasted and firm, spread the buns over the bottom of the pan open faced.
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan; add peppers and onions and sprinkle with garlic salt, sauté until tender about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add the Chicken broth and Sauce to mixture and combine well.
- To assemble casserole, layer meatballs and half cheese over bread. Pour spaghetti sauce and chicken stock mixture over the meatballs evenly. Top with remaining cheese and the Italian seasoning and bake 30 to 35 minutes. Serve
**Note: You can mix the meatballs in the sauce mixture and warm on stove, then let them marinate in the sauce mixture overnight to give it a better flavor then assemble according to the remaining directions.